Transportation Options in Downtown
Bicycling in downtown Fort Collins
Bicycling in Fort Collins is a popular and efficient mode of transportation. The City of Fort Collins and local stakeholders are working to maintain a safe bicycling community for both bicyclists and pedestrians in the downtown area.
- Bicycling on sidewalks downtown is prohibited.
- Bicyclists and skateboarders in the downtown area will be ticketed by police officers for riding in dismount zones.
- Bicyclists must use hand signals when turning.
- Bicycles must be equipped with lights when riding at night.
- Bicycling on College Avenue is suggested only for bicyclists experienced with riding with traffic and aware of traffic regulations.
- Ride predictably.
- Wear a helmet.
- Cross railroad tracks perpendicularly.
North to south low-traffic routes:
- Mason Street (north only).
- Howes Street (south only).
- Remington Street.
- Matthew Street.
East to west low-traffic routes:
- Laporte Avenue.
- Walnut Street.
- Oak Street.
- Olive Street.
- Magnolia Street.
Fort Collins streetcar
From City Park to Old Town
Saturdays and Sundays 12pm - 5pm
May through September
Seniors and Children: $1
Under 3: FREE
- City Park (tennis courts).
- Shields Street and Mountain Avenue.
- Loomis Street and Mountain Avenue.
- Howes Street and Mountain Avenue.
Fort Collins bus system
Fort Collins trail system
City of Fort Collins has many trail system connecting all of Fort Collins and downtown to our neighborhoods and natural areas.
- Downtown's official transportation provider- Yellow Cab Taxi Service
- Catch them at their taxi stands in downtown by Old Town Square or call them at 970-224-2222
Other transportation options
Fort Collins Bike Library Location at Surplus Property
Bicycle rental service open daily.